LS&S is seeking a highly motivated and ambitious Senior Account Executive in the Southern California region. The Senior Account Executive is directly responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities within an established geographic territory. A Senior Account Executive is required to utilize marketing and sales tools to analyze opportunities, build an aggressive pipeline and close new business. This position requires a strong foundation of knowledge selling to State and Local governments. Ability to understand the unique talents and capabilities of the organization. In addition, this candidate must have a proven track record of solution selling.
The selected candidate must work remotely from the Southern California region.
LS&S is the premier and most respected provider of library management and data services to state and federal Government Agencies. We partner with our library clients to provide world class service and professional expertise; protecting their library investment. With a proven track record, we utilize a team approach - providing accountable, unique and responsive solutions to delight library users. With already over 80 locations across the United States, LS&S is on a rapid growth pattern with plans for expanding our business.
• Develop a sales plan to fulfill the growth and revenue goals of the organization
• Experience closing long term multimillion dollar deals
• Manage business and sales growth pipeline and forecast
• Track and manage opportunities using Salesforce CRM
• Rigorously identify and pursue new business opportunities through various lead generated activities, including but not limited to; tradeshows, direct mailings, advertising, cold-calling, etc.
• Identify and develop relationships with key industry representatives to generate new business opportunities in our core business sectors
• Provide ongoing progress updates on new business development activities and other key indicators to the management team
• Research and analyze key economic factors that may influence market activity within specific niche markets, geographic areas or local governments
• Be proactive with on-going business development processes to advise clients of LS&S full-range of services.
• Bachelor's degree
• 7-10 years of experience in sales, sales operations or related field.
• Proven record of accomplishment selling and closing large deals utilizing a consultative sales approach
• Advanced ability to establish, cultivate and maintain effective long-term working relationships with customers, internal business partners, colleagues and upper management.
• Excellent strategic planning, account management, time management and negotiation skills
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and leads
• Strong leadership ability and team player attitude
• Exceptional inter-personal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Computer literacy and proficiency with common PC applications
• Travel 50%.
Employment with LS&S is strictly contingent upon the successful completion of our extensive background and reference check process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. To be considered for the job, all applicants must submit their application online at https://careers-lssi.icims.com/.