The Cathedral City Branch library has an opening for a Branch Manager.
Oversee the day-to day-operations of a library with approximately 8 full-time associates or more. The Branch Manager supports the LS&S mission, vision, and values through exceptional leadership and dedicated patron focus. This position is also responsible for ensuring operating procedures of a library branch are executed effectively and efficiently. The Branch Manager will lead a team of library professionals who are committed to creating a thriving library in the heart of their community. Effectively support and build a strong partnership with their local official(s) and managing the patron relationship.
LS&S is the premier and most respected provider of library management and data services to state and federal Government Agencies. We partner with our library clients to provide world class service and professional expertise; protecting their library investment. With a proven track record, we utilize a team approach - providing accountable, unique and responsive solutions to delight library users. With already over 80 locations across the United States, LS&S is on a rapid growth pattern with plans for expanding our business.
• Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
• Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
• Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the library and to create new opportunities
• Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters
• Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
• Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
• Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
• Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
• Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results
• Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
• Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization
• Oversee scheduling, training, and professional development; create and sustain excellent internal and external relationships with community groups and organizations partnering with the library
• Work closely with Zone Managers and Directors to plan, implement and promote the library strategic plan
• Know, understand and administer the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library; in addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library/libraries
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records
• BA/BS required, MLIS preferred
• Three years supervisory experience is preferred
• Three years of progressively responsible library managerial experience and/or administrative functions of a library, or equivalent knowledge is preferred
• Experience in a role that requires frequent interaction with customers, fulfilling the requests of customers and responsibility for addressing customer issues, questions and suggestions is preferred
• Experience analyzing and applying financial reports and library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.) is preferred
Employment with LS&S is strictly contingent upon the successful completion of our extensive background and reference check process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. To be considered for the job, all applicants must submit their application online at https://careers-lssi.icims.com/.