Shasta Public Libraries is located in beautiful Northern California, serving a population of approximately 180,000 residents. Shasta Public Libraries consist of three branch locations; Redding, Burney, and Anderson.
The Redding location currently has four openings for the following position: On-Call Library Associate 2.
The Library Associate 2 is the mid-level position in the Library Associate job family. Under direction from management, the Library Associate 2 performs a variety of moderately complex technical and paraprofessional duties in support of various sections/functions of the library; primarily at the circulation desk. An On-Call Library Associate 2 does not have a weekly schedule, but is available to be called on as a substitute for regular staff.
LS&S is the premier and most respected provider of library management and data services to state and federal Government Agencies. We partner with our library clients to provide world class service and professional expertise; protecting their library investment. With a proven track record, we utilize a team approach - providing accountable, unique and responsive solutions to delight library users. With already over 80 locations across the United States, LS&S is on a rapid growth pattern with plans for expanding our business.
• Provides customer service by welcoming and registering patrons, issuing library cards, checking out materials and managing patron accounts
• Assists patrons with locating materials or the reference desk, using computers, or explaining procedures (checking out, logging onto the Internet, making copies, etc.)
• Checks in and processes library materials as necessary
• Accepts and processes fines, fees, or other payments
• Provides information regarding programs, events, conference rooms, etc.
• Shelves library materials
• Addresses or escalates patron conduct or safety issues to appropriate management
• Know and understand the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library(ies).
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• Two years of library experience preferred
• Basic knowledge of library systems and databases preferred
• Ability to work a regular schedule that may include a combination of days, evenings and weekends
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Multilingual speaking a plus
Employment with LS&S is strictly contingent upon the successful completion of our extensive background and reference check process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. To be considered for the job, all applicants must submit their application online at https://careers-lssi.icims.com/.