LS&S is seeking a superb Zone Manager for the West Zone in the Riverside County Library System. The location offers many beautiful outdoors activities such as the Southern California Fair, Temecula Valley Wine Country, lakes, skydiving and horse country. With railway locomotive artifacts from the 1870s, the Orange Empire Railway Museum can also be found and explored here. The West Zone has rapid growth with the building of new libraries to come in the near future.
The Zone Manager supports the LS&S mission, vision, and values through exceptional leadership and dedicated customer focus. The Zone Manager oversees the operations of 13 libraries in municipalities and unincoporated county areas. The Zone Manager will lead a team of library Branch Managers/Leads in multiple locations (within the same contract) who are committed to creating a thriving library in the heart of their community. The Zone Manager is one of the key roles responsible for building a strong partnership with the local official(s) and managing the strategic customer relationship. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
LS&S is the premier and most respected provider of library management and data services to state and federal Government Agencies. We partner with our library clients to provide world class service and professional expertise; protecting their library investment. With a proven track record, we utilize a team approach - providing accountable, unique and responsive solutions to delight library users. With already over 80 locations across the United States, LS&S is on a rapid growth pattern with plans for expanding our business.
• Coaches and mentors, and trains Branch Managers/Leads in developing the library management teams to deliver excellent patron experiences in all library systems in the region
• Coaches and mentors, and trains Branch Managers/Leads to execute action plans that meet operational and organizational objectives
• Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of LS&S and creates thriving libraries in the heart of our communities
• Evaluates library environments and key operational indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement
• Coaches and trains Branch Managers/Leads and other staff to help achieve operational goals
• Supports and monitors the planning and execution of local and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results; follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans
• Supports Branch Managers in monitoring and managing staffing levels in partnership with Director of Operations
• Encourages and supports Branch Managers and their staff in utilizing existing tools and best practices to ensure effective library operations
• Utilizes and helps Library Branch Managers utilize management information tools and analyzes financial reports and other library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.) to identify and address library system trends and issues
• Evaluates and supports the performance of Branch Managers in their location
• Regularly solicits client and other stakeholder feedback and supports solicitation of patron feedback to understand client needs and the needs of the local community
• Seek Director of Operations' input/keep Director of Operations informed
• Know, understand and administer the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library/libraries
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records
• MLIS or equivalent required
• Eight years of progressively responsible library managerial experience and/or administrative functions of a library, or equivalent knowledge is preferred
• Eight years of experience in a role that requires frequent interaction with customers, fulfilling the requests of customers and responsibility for addressing customer issues, questions and suggestions is preferred
• Eight years of previous Library Director or equivalent level position; experience analyzing and applying financial reports and library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.) is preferred
• Advanced experience analyzing and applying financial reports and library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.) is preferred
• Demonstrated successful experience in a complex, fast-paced environment
Employment with LS&S is strictly contingent upon the successful completion of our extensive background and reference check process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. To be considered for the job, all applicants must submit their application online at https://careers-lssi.icims.com/.