Jackson County is located in the lush southern Oregon region and offers residents a rich history, arts & culture, outdoor adventure, and fine dining. Area attractions include spectacular hiking and biking, the nationally designated "Wild and Scenic" Rogue River, the Tony Award-winning Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, more than 60 wineries, and dozens of concerts, featuring world-class artists, in classical music, jazz, blues, folk, bluegrass, world, pop and country music: http://southernoregon.org/things-to-do.
Jackson County Library Services has one 20/hour week Library Associate 3 Floater position currently available. Work schedule: Thurs, Fri, Sat
The Library Associate 3 role is the senior role in the Library Associate job family, and likely is found in large library locations (staff over 20) and may supervise Library Associate 1s and 2s. The primary responsibility is at the circulation desk, providing excellent customer service handling and overseeing the opening of accounts, placing holds, processing interlibrary loans, handling fines, processing lost materials and problem solving patron accounts. A portion of the Library Associate 3 job may also be to plan and facilitate library programs and/or volunteer coordination.
LS&S is the premier and most respected provider of library management and data services to state and federal Government Agencies. We partner with our library clients to provide world class service and professional expertise; protecting their library investment. With a proven track record, we utilize a team approach - providing accountable, unique and responsive solutions to delight library users. With already over 80 locations across the United States, LS&S is on a rapid growth pattern with plans for expanding our business.
• Provides customer service to patrons by greeting, providing tours and assisting patrons in all areas of the library
• Supervise junior Library Associates which includes managing performance, evaluation, interviewing/hiring, training and approving timesheets
• Work closely with Librarians and library management to plan, implement and promote programming activities
• Inform library patrons of rules of conduct as necessary, and enforce those rules when appropriate
• May maintain circulation records and oversee the mailing of library materials to patrons in homebound or other programs
• Process damaged materials to ensure collections are maintained in a good condition
• Assist with library opening and closing procedures
• Support reference desk in assisting patrons with questions
• May coordinate volunteers and assign duties, providing necessary training
• Know and understand the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library(ies)
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records
• H.S. Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Three years library experience preferred
• One year supervisory experience preferred
• Proficiency with library systems and databases
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
• Multilingual speaking is a plus
• A high degree of proficiency in MS Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint is desired
• Excellent customer service skills
Employment with LS&S is strictly contingent upon the successful completion of our extensive background and reference check process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. To be considered for the job, all applicants must submit their application online at https://careers-lssi.icims.com/.