Monday 11-8; Tuesday 10-3:30; Wednesday 2-6; Saturday 11:30-5.
The Library Associate 2 (Children's) provides programming and customer service to library patrons, primarily in the Children's Department. Under direction from management, the Library Associate 2 performs a variety of moderately complex technical and paraprofessional duties in support of various sections/functions of the library. Provides customer service to library patrons.
LS&S is the premier and most respected provider of library management and data services to state and federal Government Agencies. We partner with our library clients to provide world class service and professional expertise; protecting their library investment. With a proven track record, we utilize a team approach - providing accountable, unique and responsive solutions to delight library users. With already over 80 locations across the United States, LS&S is on a rapid growth pattern with plans for expanding our business.
• Provides (plans and performs) regular storytime programming, primarily for the toddler age group.
• Provides customer service in the Children's Department by welcoming and registering patrons, issuing library cards, checking out materials and managing patron accounts
• Assist in day-to-day operations of the Ashland Library Children's Department
• Provides basic reference and readers' advisory services to patrons in the Ashland Library Children's Department.
• Assists patrons with locating materials or the reference desk, using computers, or explaining procedures (checking out, logging onto the Internet, making copies, etc.)
• Checks in and processes library materials as necessary
• Accepts and processes fines, fees, or other payments
• Provides information regarding programs, events, conference rooms, etc.
• Shelves library materials
• Addresses or escalates patron conduct or safety issues to appropriate management
• Know and understand the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library(ies).
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• Two years of library experience preferred
• Basic knowledge of library systems and databases preferred
• Ability to work a regular schedule that may include a combination of days, evenings and weekends
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Multilingual speaking a plus
Employment with LS&S is strictly contingent upon the successful completion of our extensive background and reference check process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. To be considered for the job, all applicants must submit their application online at https://careers-lssi.icims.com/.